So the +1 button on the web is riding off into the sunset. But you can still make good use of the data that you've collected over the years via Google Takeout! I like to keep my bookmarks in Pinboard, so here's how I did it and you can too.
1. Visit https:/
2. Click Select None, then click on the checkmark next to +1s.
3. Scroll to the bottom and click Next
4. The next screen has some choices for file format. Change if you want, but the defaults should be fine and will email you a link to a zip file you can download.
5. You'll receive an email with a link to the zip file. Expand the file and you'll find something like this:
Import to Pinboard
Now that you have the +1s.html file you can import it to Pinboard. (Or other sites that support the Netscape Bookmark file format)
1. Pinboard 'tags' imports with the name of the file. I wanted to use the tag 'plusone' so I renamed my file from +1s.html to plusones.html
2. Next visit the Pinboard settings page, then click import (or just click on this link) You'll see something like this:
3. Click on the Choose File button, select your html file (in my case plusones.html) and click upload.
4. After a little bit of time Pinboard will have your imported bookmarks! You can then view all of them based on the tag (plusones). Click on the tag and you can browse/clean them up. Woohoo!
Once you have the exported bookmark html file you can also import to other products.
Contact me if you have more. I'll add them here!